Delighted with your new jewelry!
Jewelry is meant to be worn every day! Most of the jewelry we sell requires very little care — just wear and enjoy. Whether it’s fine or costume, there’s always a sentimental reason behind every piece you buy, and you’ll want to enjoy it forever. Here are some quick and easy tips to take care of your jewelry to prevent tarnishing, scratches and dullness.
- Be careful with light and heat. Avoid leaving it in sunlight. The color of gemstones will become dull when exposed to too much light.
- Keep your jewelry away from chemicals & cleaners.
- Give treated gems special care.
- Use ultrasonic cleaners and jewelry cleaners with caution.
- The safest cleaning methods are also the easiest. Let jewelry sit in soapy warm water, let it dry off and use your polishing cloth gently. Or just use your polishing cloth to bring back to shine.
- Always safely store your jewelry, even zip-lock bags will keep it from tarnishing.
- Never wear jewelry in the pool or sauna.
- Never put on lotion, perfume or hairspray with your jewelry on.
- Put your jewelry on after you put your clothes on and before you take your clothes off.
- Keep your jewelry dry
- If you put a piece of chalk or a bag of silica inside your jewelry box, it will absorb moisture. Change it for a new one every few months.
- If you have problems with chain necklaces getting tangled, use a straw. Nice when traveling, but also to store your chain necklaces in your jewelry box. Simply thread one end of the chain through the straw, close up the necklace, then pack your jewelry items as normal. When you reach in, you won’t have to worry about getting a messy ball of chains.